This feature is available in NVivo Pro and Plus editions. Learn more
You can adjust the display of your audio and video sources to suit the way you work.
For general information about customizing the display for all source types, refer to Customize the Source Display.
What do you want to do?
- Show or hide the video display
- Change the size of the video display
- Customize the time increments displayed on the timeline
- Show or hide the waveform
- Show or hide the transcript
- Select a video frame for thumbnail view
On the Media tab, in the Display group, select or clear the Video Player check box.
You can change the size of the video to fit the player or display the video at its original size.
- On the Media tab, in the Display group, under Video Size, click Fit to Player. The video fills the space available.
Click 100% to display the video at its original size.
For video sources from YouTube, the video display automatically adjusts to the size of the video player.
On the View tab, in the Window group, click Zoom.
The Zoom dialog box opens.
Select the time increment.
NOTE You can click Custom and enter your own timespan in the Custom timespan box.
You can choose to hide the waveform that shows the audio pattern:
On the Media tab, in the Display group, select the Waveform check box.
NOTE The waveform is not available for YouTube videos.
On the Media tab in the Display group, click Transcript, and then click Hide.
If you view project items as thumbnails in List View, you can choose the video frame that you want to display.
- Open the video source.
- Click and drag the Seek slider to the required frame:
- Click in the Video Player.
- On the Media tab, in the Selection group, click Assign Frame as Thumbnail.
NOTE The video needs to be paused when you assign a frame as a thumbnail.